Reachy Mic Array

Bonjour

The Reachy robot contains a ReSpeaker Mic Array, is there any code inside the Reachy repositories to communicate with this Mic Array?
If not, I could work on it with new code and it could potentionally be used for the Reachy code itself.

With kind regards,
Nathan Segers
Howest University College in Kortrijk (Belgium Flanders)

Hi @NathanSegers,

There is no official API to use the microphone on Reachy yet. On our side we used http://people.csail.mit.edu/hubert/pyaudio/ to directly access it.
It would really be awesome if you can work on this and share it with the community!
Let me know if I can help you.

Cheers
Pierre

I have found some code on this website which can read the Direction Of Arrival and the Voice Activation Detection.
https://wiki.seeedstudio.com/ReSpeaker_Mic_Array_v2.0/
The code documented there seems to work perfectly, however, some configurations are necessary on the Raspberry Pi in order to directly access the USB device.

I will check out Pyaudio to work with the audio files generated by the Microphone.

My colleague and I will work it out as much as possible, and share it with the community.

We will keep you posted!

4 Likes

Hello Nathan,
We are currently in the same spot, did you by any chance develop anything? In that way we can avoid step over and repeat your work. If so would you mind sharing or pointing out at the repository to be able to collaborate?

Thanks

I have developed things, but not yet in an API or anything. It was quite plain.
I can search for the code again, but I haven’t worked with it for the last half year.

Hi @VBorjaDD

I have uploaded the code I currently have to our repository.
Feel free to fork the repo and add pull requests. I will check and merge it.

I am currently not actively developping on Reachy, so I cannot test anything in the coming weeks.
I think I will start working on it again in a few weeks.

Let me know if you need some help.

2 Likes

Perfect, Thank you :slight_smile:

we will keep you up to date

1 Like

Hello @pierre,

I am working on a library implementing audio interactions for Reachy.
Here is the link to the github repository if you want to have a look at it : GitHub - RomainMaure/ReachyAudio: Library implementing audio interactions for the Reachy robot..

It would be a pleasure for me to collaborate with you, so feel free to contact me if you are interested.

Regards.

3 Likes

Hi Romain,

If you allow me, I would like to fork this code into my repository with my students as well.
We are working on making Reachy react on questions and that already works quite well.

Let me know if you need any help.

1 Like

Hello @NathanSegers,

Sure, feel free to do it :slight_smile:

Hi @RomainM,

That’s great! I’ll definitely find some time next week to try that!
We would definitely love to integrate your work into Reachy’s ecosystem. I’ll contact you to see what’s the best way to do that.