Oculus Quest 3 support

Hi, I’m trying to teleoperate reachy hardware using VR device. In documents

• Valve Index
  • HTC Vive
  • Oculus Rift
  • Oculus Quest 2 (native or Oculus Link)

devices are supported.
but I have quest 3 now.
can i use quest 3 for teleoperation?

Hi @mazayo !

Using the Quest 3 should technically work. However, you might encounter issues with image scaling, as the UI might not be correctly dimensioned for the Quest 3. This could require some effort on your part to adjust the UI settings specifically for this device to ensure a pleasant experience.

Here are a few pointers you might find useful as you proceed with this project.

1) If you want to support both Quest 2 and Quest 3 :

• You need to update your script to distinguish between these devices. In this script, you can add a new element MetaQuest3 to the SupportedDevices enumeration to differentiate between the Quest 2 and Quest 3. Here’s an example :
if(headDevices.Count == 1) 
            {
                headDevice = headDevices[0];
                if(headDevice.name.Contains("Oculus")) headsetType = SupportedDevices.Oculus;
                if(headDevice.name.Contains("Meta")) headsetType = SupportedDevices.MetaQuest3;
            }
  • This script looks for a distinguishing element in the device name, such as “Oculus” for Quest 2 and “Meta” for Quest 3. Note that you might need to adjust this logic based on your specific devices.

• Next, for several scripts in your UI folder, you can add conditions based on the detected headset type. For example:

if (controllers.headsetType == ControllersManager.SupportedDevices.MetaQuest3)
{
    transform.localPosition = new Vector3(0, -190, -479); // Use relevant values here
}

Here’s a list of UI scripts that might need modification:

2) If you only need support for the Quest 3

• You can directly modify the local positions of UI elements within the Unity Inspector for the relevant elements.

Good luck with your project, and I hope these adjustments help you achieve a seamless teleoperation experience with your Quest 3!