Cannot upload on the print bed of UP Studio 2/3 the 3D model parts of Reachy

Hi guys,

I am on the way of building a robot based on the blueprint of Reachy. Hence as the first step I am trying to do the 3D printing part. In this procedure when I try to upload model parts of the arm (I began with the arm of Reachy) of Reach on UP Studio V2/V3 nothing was displayed on the printing bed. When I try with other models it works.

Could you please give me a solution for this problem, as I am new to 3D printing.

I thank you in advance for your time and support.

Cheers
Erg

Hi,

The classic procedure is to export a CAD part in .STL then upload the stl file in your 3D printer software.

To be sure you export correctly the model:

• At the bottom of this page are the links to the different CAD parts of Reachy.
  • Once you see the 3D model, you can right click on any part of the robot and choose “Export”
  • Choose STL format then download it

Then you should be able to import the STL file in your 3D printer software as any 3D model that you have already printed before.

Let me know if you are still in trouble.

Cheers,
Augustin

Hi Augustin,

it worked like a charm.

I thank you so much for your support.

Cheers
Erg

2 Likes

Hi Augustin,

within this frame I have another question: are the dimensions of the models the real one or should I resize them?

I thank you in advance for your time and support.

Cheers
Erg

Hi,

The dimensions of the models are the real one so you don’t need to resize them :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Augustin

Hi Augustin,

and thank you very much for your support.

Cheers
Erg

1 Like